03/11/2008 Drive-in Theatres


Drive-in theatres use to be a big part of our culture, but have fading out at a rapid pace. When I was young, my family use to go to the drive-in theatre a lot during the summer months. What was great about the drive-in was paying one price and getting to see two, sometimes three, movies in a row and could bring your own food and drinks without having to sneak them in your jacket or bag.
I have a lot of fond memories going to the drive-in theatre with my family growing up. We would go and see family and comedy type movies. Two movies I recall seeing at the drive-in for the first time were Disney's "Pocahontas" and "Flubber." We would usually go in my dad's pick-up truck, so we could sit in the bed of the truck without worry of having a bad view through the widow of a car/van. My brothers and I would usually bring our sleeping bags to sit in to keep warm on the cool summer nights, while my parents would bring folding chairs to sit in. We would also bring a cooler filled with drinks and snacks for during the movies.

No comments: