03/31/2008 This Film is Not Fairly Rated



The movie "But I'm a Cheerleader" is a comedy about a girl named Meghan, who is a cheerleader and has a boyfriend, but doesn't like kissing her boyfriend often and is very touchy-feely with her cheerleader friends and has pics of women in her locker at school. She is then supsected of being a lesbian by her parents because of this and is sent off to a "sexual redirection" school called True Directions, a gay-gone-straight camp, to try to turn her straight. The MPAA gave this movie a "R" rating which I feel is unfair and limits the core audience that I believe this audience was aimed towar. I feel the movie should be rate PG-13 because it has a sexual theme, but not more than most "PG" or "PG-13" movies these days. The sexual themes in this movie are mostly homosexual which I feel is the only reason this movie was given a "R" instead of a 'PG-13" like it derserved.

No comments: